From: "Manepalli, Kalyan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:58:37 AM
Subject: Synonyms impacting the performance

Hi all,

            I recently implemented query time synonyms in my application
and I am seeing drastic performance degradation.

The synonyms file is counts around 1000 words.

The average querytime without synonyms is around 125 ms and with
synonyms it jumps to 20 secs.

Am I missing something here, since this doesn't look like a normal
behavior

Any suggestions on this will be helpful

Thanks,

Kalyan Manepalli