Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - 702-943-7833

On Nov 11, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Doc ID gaps are zapped during segment merges and index optimization.

Otis

________________________________
From: Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 6:45:01 PM
Subject: Re: Solr Core Size limit

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:24:47 -0800 (PST)
Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think there is a limit other than your hardware and the internal Doc
ID which limits you to 2B docs on 32-bit machines.

Hi Otis,
just curious.... is this internal doc ID reused when an optimise happens? or gaps left and re-filled when 2B is reached ?

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."
  Mark Twain