Right.  Of course, in most cases you'd run out of hardware resources before you
run out of Integers.

Otis

________________________________
From: Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:06:15 PM
Subject: Re: Solr Core Size limit

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:39:32 -0800 (PST)
Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With Distributed Search you are limited to # of shards * Integer.MAX_VALUE.

yeah, makes sense. And i would suspect since this is PER INDEX , it applies to
each core only ( so you could have n cores in m shards for n * m *
integer.MAX_VALUE docs).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
  John Lennon

Warned.