Hi Todd,

Thanks for this answer, ok but it's not just showing or not in the list,
if a field is not shown but it's boost using qf do I need to store it ???
For a language field which need some special configuration like stemming ...

thanks a lot for your clear answer,

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the only fields you
need to store are those fields which you wish returned from the query.
In other words, if you will never put the field on the list of fields
(fl) to return, there is no need to store it.

It would be advantageous not to store more then you have to. It reduces
disk access, index size, memory usage, etc. However, you have to balance
this against future needs. If re-indexing is costly just to start
storing 1 more field, it may be worth it to just leave it in.

-Todd Feak