On Nov 16, 2008, at 6:12 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:
famous last words and all, but you shouldn't be just passing what a user types directly into a application should you?

LOL....

I'd be parsing out wildcards, boosts, and fuzzy searches (or at least thinking about the effects). I mean "jakarta apache"~1000 or roam~0.1 aren't as efficient as a regular query.

Sounds like the perfect case for a query parser plugin... or use dismax as Ryan mentioned. Shouldn't Solr be hardened for these cases anyway? Or at least hardenable.

but they don't let me into design meetings any more ;(

Apparently they shouldn't let me into them either ;)

        Erik