Yes, I totally understand, and agree.

MoreLikeThis uses TF-IDF to rank terms, then it generates queries based on top
ranked terms.  In any case, I wasn't able to make it work after many attempts.

Finally, I've used a different method for queries generation, and it works
better, or at least gives some results, while with moreLikeThis results were
poor or no result at all.

To mention that my index was composed by short length documents, therefore the
intersection between top ranked terms by TF-IDF was empty set.  MoreLikeThis
works better when you have long documents.

Yes, I've changed the thresholds for min TFIDF and max TFIDF, and others
parameters.

I've also used "mlt.maxqt" parameter  to increase the number of terms used in
queries generation, but still didn't work well, since the method of queries
generation based on terms with the highest TF-IDF score doesn't generate
representative query for document.  I wasn't able to tune it. For a low value
such as mlt.maxqt=3,4, results were poor, while for mlt.maxqt=5,6>>> it gave
too many and irrelevant results.

Thank you,
Best Wishes,
Vitalie Scurtu