Ron Chan wrote:
I'm using out of the box Solr 1.3 that I had just downloaded, so I guess it is the StandardAnalyzer
It seems WordDelimiterFilter worked for you.
Go to Admin console, click analysis, then give:

Field name: text

Field value (Index): SD/DDeck
verbose output: checked
highlight matched: checked

Field value (Query): SD DDeck
verbose output: checked

then click analyze.

regards,

Koji

but shouldn't the returned docs equal numFound?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org Sent: Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 20:49:56 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal Subject: Re: numFound problem It depends (tm). What analyzer are you using when indexing? I'd expect (though I haven't checked) that StandardAnalyzer would break SD/DDeck into two tokens, SD and DDeck which corresponds nicely with what you're reporting. Other analyzers and/or filters are easy to specify.... I'd recommend getting a copy of Luke and examining your index to see what's actually in it.... Best Erick On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Ron Chan <rc...@i-tao.com> wrote:
I have a test search which I know should return 34 docs and it does however, numFound says 40 with debug enabled, I can see the 40 it has found my search looks for "SD DDeck" in the description 34 of them had "SD DDeck" with 6 of them having "SD/DDeck" now, I can probably work round it if had returned me the 40 docs but the problem is it returns 34 docs but gives me a numFound of 40 is this expected behavior?