From: "Chris Hostetter" <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, 22 January, 2009 20:15:27 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland,
Portugal
Subject: Re: numFound problem

: I have a test search which I know should return 34 docs and it does
:
: however, numFound says 40
:
: with debug enabled, I can see the 40 it has found
: now, I can probably work round it if had returned me the 40 docs but the
problem is it returns 34 docs but gives me a numFound of 40

these statments don't seem consistent. you're saying that when you
execute the query, you see a numFound=40, but only 34 docs are included in
response ... at first guess, i would assume then that maybe you have
"rows=34" in your query ... but you then say adding enabling debug (i
assume by adding debugQuery=true to the request) you see all 40 docs.

I don't understand how that is possible.

can you please add echoParams=all&echoHandler=true to your url, and then
send a reply with that full URL, as well as the full response solr returns
when you hit it (you can add an "fl" param that just specifies the
uniqueKey field for your docs to keep the response small and your data
private)

-Hoss