Hi Mark,

Mark Miller wrote:
Hey Renaud - in the future, its probably best to direct Gaze questions (unless it directly relates to Solr) to supp...@lucidimagination.com <mailto:supp...@lucidimagination.com>.
Right, I was not aware of this mailing list.

Gaze is a tool thats stores RequestHandler statistics avgs (over small intervals) for long time ranges, and then lets you view graphs of that data, either in (basically) real-time or for specific time ranges.

There is a Readme explaining install included with the Gaze download. Gaze is pre-installed in the LucidImagination certified distribution of Solr, and in the Readme html file for that, you will find instructions on enabling gaze (you uncomment the Gaze request handler in solrconfig.xml).
Ok, the Gaze documentation can only be found in the distribution file. It is what I was trying to find (I was looking on the Lucid Imagination website).
Gaze is implemented as a Solr RequestHandler plugin and an additional webapp. The RequestHandler plugin pings chosen request handlers every interval to collect RequestHandler statistics. This info is stored in RRD databases (this is done so that Gaze has a *very* minimal overhead - its meant for production use). The webapp is an interface to selecting which RequestHandlers you want to be monitored and other settings, as well as graph views of the collected data. There are also some other little info tools that display server/jvm and index statistics.
Gaze features look quite nice and useful.

Thanks for your reply,
Regards
--
Renaud Delbru