Hello,

We've encountered a strange issue in our Solr install regarding a particular
string that just doesn't seem to want to return results, despite the exact
same string being in the index.

What makes it even stranger is that we had the same data in a previous
install of Solr, and it worked there, but doesn't here.

The string that's been showing the trouble is "Abilene Christian College --
Students -- Yearbooks".  The field, in this case, is of type "text".
Strangely enough, when we search for "Abilene Christian College -- Students
--", the relevant documents are returned.  It just fails when the full
string is specified.

At this point, I'm a little bit stymied.  Any suggestions or ideas would be
highly appreciated.  In order to possibly help with diagnosis, I'm including
links to, hopefully, relevant outputs and configurations.

We're using Solr version 1.3.

This is the output of a search for the string, with debugQuery turned on.
http://pastebin.com/f72c017c1

This is the output of a document containing the string in question.  The
field is dc_subject. http://pastebin.com/f17a2e722

Here is our current schema. http://pastebin.com/f2768bece

If there's any more information or diagnostics that I can post or run,
please let me know.  Thanks for your help and suggestions.

-Kurt