Changed the config so that both WordDelimiterFilterFactory settings on both
index and query use:

org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilterFactory {generateNumberParts=1,
catenateWords=1, generateWordParts=1, catenateAll=0, catenateNumbers=1}

Restarted Solr, reindexed the records.

Unfortunately, no change in the search results.  It still won't find that
pesky string.  It seems to be generating the same results as before in the
analysis page.

Any other things I might try or diagnostics that might give useful output?

-Kurt