My question is - From design and query speed point of - should I add new core to handle the additional data or should I add the data to the existing core.

Do you ever need to get results from both sets of data in the same query? If so, putting them in the same index will be faster. If every query is always limited to results within on set or the other -- and the doc count is not huge, then the choice of single core vs multi core is more about what you are more comfortable managing then it is about query speeds.

Advantages of multicore-
- the distinct data is in different indexes, you can maintain them independently
   (perhaps one data set never changes and the other changes often)

Advantages of single core (with multiple data sets)
 - everything is in one place
 - replicate / load balance a single index rather then multiple.

ryan