Hi, and sorry for slightly hijacking the thread,

On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:54 , Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Hi,

Without knowing the details, I'd say keep it in the same index if the additional information shares some/enough fields with the main product data and separately if it's sufficiently distinct (this also means 2 queries and manual merging/joining).

Where would this manual merging/joining occur? At the client-side or inside Solr, before returning the results ?
I was wondering what relevancy, sorting, etc. would become.
--
Nicolas

Otis --

----- Original Message ----
From: "Manepalli, Kalyan" <kalyan.manepa...@orbitz.com>
To: "solr-user@lucene.apache.org" <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:46:40 PM
Subject: large index vs multicore

Hi All,
In my project, I have one primary core containing all the basic
information for a product.
Now I need to add additional information which will be searched and displayed in
conjunction with the product results.
My question is - From design and query speed point of - should I add new core to handle the additional data or should I add the data to the existing core.

The data size is not very large around 150,000 - 200,000 documents.

Any insights into this will be helpful

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli

--