Hello,

Due to limitations with the way my content is organised and DIH I have
to add “-imgCaption:[* TO *]” to some of my queries. I discovered the
name=”appends” functionality tucked away inside solconfig.xml. This
looks a very useful feature, and I created a new requestHandler to deal
with my problem queries. I tried adding the following to my alternate
requestHandler:-

which did not work; however

worked fine and is also more efficient. I guess I was caught by the
“identify values which should be appended to the list of ***multi-val
params**** from the query” portion of the comment within solconfig.xml.
I am now wondering how do I know which query params are "multi-val" or
not? Is this documented anywhere?

Regards Fergus.