vivek,

404 from the URL you provided in the message! Similar URLs work
OK for me.

hmm try http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/cores?action=status and see
if that gives a 404.

Also are you running a nightly build or a svn checkout? Using tomcat?
Perhaps it should be

http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4-dev/admin/cores?action=status

Fergus.

>Hi,
>
>  Any help on this. I've looked at DistributedSearch on Wiki, but that
>doesn't seem to be working for me on multi-core and multiple Solr
>instances on the same box.
>
>Scenario,
>
>1) Two boxes (localhost, 10.4.x.x)
>2) Two Solr instances on each box (8080 and 8085 ports)
>3) Two cores on each instance (core0, core1)
>
>I'm not sure how to construct my search on the above setup if I need
>to search across all the cores on all the boxes. Here is what I'm
>trying,
>
>http://localhost:8080/solr/core0/select?shards=localhost:8080/solr/core0,localhost:8085/solr/core0,localhost:8080/solr/core1,localhost:8085/solr/core1,10.4.x.x:8080/solr/core0,10.4.x.x:8085/solr/core0,10.4.x.x:8080/solr/core1,10.4.x.x:8085/solr/core1&indent=true&q=vivek+japan
>
>I get 404 error. Is this the right URL construction for my setup? How
>else can I do this?
>
>Thanks,
>-vivek
>
>On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM, vivek sar <vivex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I've a multi-core system (one core per day), so there would be around
>> 30 cores in a month on a box running one Solr instance. We have two
>> boxes running the Solr instance and input data is feeded to them in
>> round-robin fashion. Each box can have up to 30 cores in a month. Here
>> are questions,
>>
>>  1) How would I search for a term in multiple cores on same box?
>>
>>  Single core I'm able to search like,
>>   http://localhost:8080/solr/20090402/select?q=*:*
>>
>> 2) How would I search for a term in multiple cores on both boxes at
>> the same time?
>>
>> 3) Is it possible to have two Solr instances on one box with one doing
>> the indexing and other perform only searches on that index? The idea
>> is have two JVMs with each doing its own task - I'm not sure whether
>> the indexer process needs to know about searcher process - like do
>> they need to have the same solr.xml (for multicore etc). We don't want
>> to replicate the indexes also (we got very light search traffic, but
>> very high indexing traffic) so they need to use the same index.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> -vivek

Fergus McMenemie               Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Ltd                   Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer