Hi,
     Well let me exaplin the scenario in detail.
I have my lucene.jar that i need to work with Solr. So i started by adding
the lucene.jar to the WEB_INF directory of solr.war,added my schema.xml in
conf dir and restarted the solr server.
Now i run my program , add a doc into it. The doc is added successfully as
shown by the stats. But when i query it through the browser no results are
returned. I tried out with various terms in *:* shows the doc.
Am i missing sumthin here. Is there a way i can view the posting list of the
solr (lucene) and see weather my terms has been indexed or not.

So let's say my doc has an entry like
<name>University of Southern California</name>
and i search for "california" no results from solr
But wen i do it on my lucene without solr results are shown.

I also tried the debug query into my queries as u suggested.
Here is what i get....This is very much the way i have modified my lucene so
query parsing seems correct
<response>
−
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">0</int>
−
<lst name="params">
<str name="debugQuery">true</str>
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="start">0</str>
<str name="q">name:california </str>
<str name="rows">10</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
</lst>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>
−
<lst name="debug">
<str name="rawquerystring">name:california </str>
<str name="querystring">name:california </str>
<str name="parsedquery">BoostingTermQuery(value:california)</str>
<str name="parsedquery_toString">value:california</str>
<lst name="explain"/>
<str name="QParser">OldLuceneQParser</str>
−
<lst name="timing">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
−
<lst name="prepare">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
−
<lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
</lst>
−
<lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
</lst>
−
<lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
</lst>
−
<lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
</lst>
−
<lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent">
<double name="time">0.0</double>
</lst>
</lst>
−
[...]