Thank you very much Paul. The pictorial explanation was very helpful, made
everything clear. Thank you again.
AFAIU, I can put my existing schema.xml and solrconfig.xml under conf/. I
assume you also meant passing the paths to common schema and solrconfig.xml
when registering a new core? My earlier try gave me some errors when I tried
to do the same. I'll start afresh and let you know.

Thank you,
KK.