On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Kent Fitch <kent.fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > #2) Your problem might be able to be solved with field collapsing on
> > the "category" field in the future (but it's not in Solr yet).
> Sorry - I didnt understand this

A single relevancy search, but group or collapse results based on the
value of the category field such that you don't get more than 10
results for each value of category.

but it's not in Solr yet...

> - we've got one query we want filtered 5 ways to find the top scoring
> results matching the query and each filter

The problem is that "caching the base query" involves caching not only
all of the matching documents, but the score for each document.
That's expensive.

You could also write your own HitCollector that filtered the results
of the base query 5 different ways simultaneously.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com