Warning: This is from a Lucene perspective....
I don't think it matters. I'm pretty sure that COMPRESS onlyapplies to
*storing* the data, not putting the tokens in the index
(this latter is what's serached)...

It *will* cause performance issues if you load that field for a large
number of documents on a particular search. I know Lucene itself
has lazy field loading that helps in this case, but I don't know how
to persuade SOLR to use it (it may even lazy-load automatically).
But this is separate from searching...

Best
er...@nottoomuchhelpbutimtrying.