Hey,
     So... I'm assuming your problem is that you're having trouble deploying
Solr in Jetty? Or is your problem that it's deploying just fine but your
code throws an exception when you try to run it?
     I am running Solr in Jetty, and I just copied the war into the webapps
directory and it worked. It was accessible under /solr, and it was
accessible under the port that Jetty has as its HTTP listener (which is
probably 8080 by default, but probably won't be 8983). To specify the
solr-home I use a Java system property (instead of the JNDI way) since I
already have other necessary system properties for my apps. So if your
problem turns out to be with the JNDI, sorry I won't be of much help.
     Hope that helps...

- Daryl.