On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Mukerjee, Neiloy (Neil) <
neil.muker...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> After setting up a working Solr 1.3 example with a Tomcat 6 container, I
> have been trying to figure out the Data Import Handler so I can work with a
> MySQL database. However, after following the guidelines at
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#head-b3518c890e46befa05c9242c8fc329517c1ea61b,
> I end up with the following message displayed in my browser when I go to
> http://localhost:8080/solr/dataimport:
>
> HTTP Status 404 - /solr/dataimport
> type Status report
> message /solr/dataimport
> description The requested resource (/solr/dataimport) is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

That usually means that DataImportHandler is not registered at /dataimport
in solrconfig.xml. Another reason might be that you are using multiple solr
cores? Did you restart solr after changing the solrconfig.xml ?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.