On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Mukerjee, Neiloy (Neil) <
neil.muker...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> With the data-config file filled out, I am receiving errors telling me that
> the indexing of my database has failed. I think I have filled out everything
> I need to in the data-config file and that I have everything in the right
> directory. My details are described below, including locations of files,
> contents of the data-config file, and the errors I am seeing. Has anyone
> else seen problems like this?

What error are you seeing? Can you please post the stack trace?

> As of right now, I have data-config.xml in
> /usr/local/tomcat6.0.20/webapps/solr/, and I have the database bell_labs.sql
> in the solr/home directory /usr/local/tomcat6.0.20/solr/.

What is bell_labs.sql? DataImportHandler imports from databases not from sql
dumps. Is your database jdbc:mysql://localhost/bell_labs running?

> Data-config.xml has the following contents:
> <dataConfig>
> <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/bell_labs" user="root" password="********"/>
>    <document name="bell_labs">
>        <entity name="employees" query="select InternalEID, Pref, Name,
> FirstName, CSL, Email, cilLogin from employees">
>            <field column="InternalEID" name="InternalEID" />
>            <field column="Pref" name="Pref" />
>            <field column="Name" name="Name" />
>            <field column="FirstName" name="FirstName" />
>            <field column="CSL" name="CSL" />
>            <field column="Email" name="Email" />
>            <field column="cilLogin" name="cilLogin" />
>        </entity>
>    </document>
> </dataConfig>

Note that if the column name in your database and the name of the field in
Solr is same, then you do not need to write the 'name' attribute in the
field tags.

> When I go to http://localhost:8080/solr/dataimport, I see the following
> displayed to my browser:
> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
> it. The document tree is shown below.
>
> <str name="">Indexing failed. Rolled back all changes.</str>
> <str name="Rolledback">2009-06-23 09:24:15</str>
> </lst>

It says that indexing failed. You should be able to see some exceptions in
the solr log. If you can post them here, we might be able to help you more.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.