We recently created a custom class for our spellchecking implementation in
Solr.  We decided to include the class in a custom jar and deployed it to
the /lib directory in solr_home to use it as a plugin.

After a while (about 12 hours), the heap usage for Solr slowly starts to
rise, and we eventually run into swap issues which ends up killing our
performance.  We've tried several different things to try to solve the
problem, originally thinking it was our code, but on one of our servers, the
new code in the plugin wasn't even being used.

Has anyone else experienced?  I'm wondering if this is perhaps a side-effect
of using plugins in general, perhaps something going on with the custom
class loading of Solr.

We're using Tomcat 6 and Solr 1.3 by the way.