: > one thing to keep in mind however is that post-processing a DocList to
: > filter stuff out is almost never a good idea -- things get really
: > convoluted when you think about dealing with pagination and except for
: > some really trivial use cases you can never know what your upper bound
: > should be when deciding how many hits to request from underlying
: > IndexSearcher.  You're usually better off restructuring your problem so
: > that you can construct a Query/Filter/DocSet that you want to filter by
: > first and *then* executing the search to generate the DocList in a single
: > pass.
: >
: I was wanting to edit the DocList in a custom SearchComponent to be executed
: after the QueryComponent. I do not require facetting etc. If do not want
: facetted results, will I still need to take any special steps not to break
: the doclist?

i didn't say anything about faceting ... i was talking about pagination
(ie: making sure you return the X number of rows the user asked for, and
making sure that when they *next* X rows you start at the right spot.

-Hoss