For 99.9%, run three copies behind a load balancer. That allows you to take one down for upgrade, and still be fault-tolerant.

wunder

On Aug 3, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Robert Petersen wrote:

So then would the 'right' thing to do be to run it under something like
Daemontools so it bounces back up on a crash?  Do any other people use
this approach or is there something better to make it come back up?

Speaking of overly large caches, if I have solr running on a machine
with 8GB main memory is it going to hurt to make some huge cache sizes?
Are these settings reasonable?  With a small index I have been getting
some great hit-rates.
<ramBufferSizeMB>1024</ramBufferSizeMB>

<filterCache      class="solr.FastLRUCache"      size="350000"
initialSize="512"      autowarmCount="80"/>
<queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"      size="512000000"
initialSize="512"      autowarmCount="80"/>
<documentCache    class="solr.FastLRUCache"      size="512000"
initialSize="512"      autowarmCount="0"/>

Thanks
Robi