On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:15:44 -0700
"Robert Petersen" <rober...@buy.com> wrote:

> Thanks all, I figured there would be more talk about daemontools if there
> were really a need.  I appreciate the input and for starters we'll put two
> slaves behind a load balancer and grow it from there.

Robert,
not taking away from daemon tools, but daemon tools won't help you if your
whole server goes down.

 don't put all your eggs in one basket - several
servers, load balancer (hardware load balancers x 2, haproxy, etc)

and sure, use daemon tools to keep your services running within each server...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?"
  Mark Twain

Warned.