From: Jérôme Etévé [mailto:jerome.et...@gmail.com]
Sent: August-13-09 5:38 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: facet performance tips

Thanks everyone for your advices.

I increased my filterCache, and the faceting performances improved greatly.

My faceted field can have at the moment ~40000 different terms, so I
did set a filterCache size of 50000 and it works very well.

However, I'm planning to increase the number of terms to maybe around
500 000, so I guess this approach won't work anymore, as I doubt a 500
000 sized fieldCache would work.

So I guess my best move would be to upgrade to the soon to be 1.4
version of solr to benefit from its new faceting method.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but do you have a rough idea about
when 1.4 will be an official release?
As well, is the current trunk OK for production? Is it compatible with
1.3 configuration files?

Thanks !

Jerome.