Folks:

In our app we index approx 50 M documents every so often. One of the fields in each document is called "CompScore" which is a score that our back-end computes for each document. The computation of this score is heavy-weight and is done only approximately once every few days. When documents are retrieved during a search we return results sorted by the Solr score first and then the CompScore.

The issue we have this: Every week or so when the back-end routines run to compute "CompScore" we need to delete and insert these 50 M documents into the index. This happens even though the a majority of the documents have not changed.

I think there is no way in Solr to simply update a field in the index.

If others have encountered a similar issue, I'd be interested in hearing about their solutions!

Best,

- Bill