See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1411

On Sep 3, 2009, at 6:47 AM, Angel Ice wrote:

Hi

This is the solution I was testing.
I got some difficulties with AutoDetectParser but I think it's the solution I will use in the end.

Thanks for the advice anyway :)

Regards,

Laurent

________________________________
De : Abdullah Shaikh <abdullah.sha...@viithiisys.com>
À : solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 3 Septembre 2009, 14h31mn 10s
Objet : Re: Using SolrJ with Tika

Hi Laurent,

I am not sure if this is what you need, but you can extract the content from the uploaded document (MS Docs, PDF etc) using TIKA and then send it to SOLR
for indexing.

String CONTENT = extract the content using TIKA (you can use
AutoDetectParser)

and then,

SolrInputDocument doc = new SolrInputDocument();
doc.addField("DOC_CONTENT", CONTENT);

solrServer.add(doc);
soltServer.commit();