Hi,

I've done a few experiments with searching two cores with the same schema using the shard syntax. (using solr 1.3)

My use case is that I want to have multiple cores because a few different people will be managing the indexing, and that will happen at different times. The data, however, is homogeneous.

I've noticed in my tests that the results are not interwoven, but it might just be my test data. In other words, all the results from one core appear, then all the results from the other core.

In thinking about it, it would make sense if the relevancy scores for each core were completely independent of each other. And that would mean that there is no way to compare the relevancy scores between the cores.

In other words, I'd like the following results:

- really relevant hit from core0
- pretty relevant hit from core1
- kind of relevant hit from core0
- not so relevant hit from core1

but I get:

- really relevant hit from core0
- kind of relevant hit from core0
- pretty relevant hit from core1
- not so relevant hit from core1

So, are the results supposed to be interwoven, and I need to study my data more, or is this just not something that is possible?

Also, if this is insurmountable, I've discovered two show stoppers that will prevent using multicore in my project (counting the lack of support for faceting in multicore). Are these issues addressed in solr 1.4?

Thanks,
Paul