Hi,

Is there any support for connection pooling or a more optimized data
exchange format? We are looking at any further ways to optimize the solr
queries so we can possibly make more of them in the one request.

The JSON like format seems pretty tight but I understand when the
distributed search takes place it uses a binary protocol instead of text. I
wanted to know if that was available or could be available via the ruby
library.

Is it possible to host a local shard and skip HTTP between ruby and solr?

--
Regards,

Ian Connor
1 Leighton St #723
Cambridge, MA 02141
Call Center Phone: +1 (714) 239 3875 (24 hrs)
Fax: +1(770) 818 5697
Skype: ian.connor