Hi Marian,

Looks great! Wish I could order some wine. When you get a chance, please add the site to http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers!

Cheers,
Grant

On Sep 24, 2009, at 11:51 AM, marian.steinbach wrote:

Hello everybody!

The purpose of this mail is to say "thank you" to the creators of Solr
and to the community that supports it.

We released our first project using Solr several weeks ago, after
having tested Solr for several months.

The project I'm talking about is a product search for an online wine
shop (sorry, german user interface only):

  http://www.koelner-weinkeller.de/index.php?id=sortiment

Our client offers about 3000 different wines and other related products.

Before we introduced Solr, the products have been searched via
complicated and slow SQL statements, with all kinds problems related
to that. No full text indexing, no stemming etc.

We are happy to make use of several built-in features which solve
problems that bugged us: Facetted search, german accents and stemming
and synonyms beeing the most important ones.

The surrounding website is TYPO3 driven. We integrated Solr by
creating our own frontend plugin which talks to the Solr webservice
(and we're very happy about the PHP output type!).

I'd be glad about your comments.

Cheers,

Marian

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search