On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Jeffery Newburn <jnewb...@zappos.com> wrote:
> I loaded the jvm and started indexing. It is a test server so unless some
> errant query came in then no searching. Our instance has only 512mb but my
> concern is the obvious memory requirement leap since it worked before. What
> other data would be helpful with this?

Interesting... not too much should have changed for memory
requirements on the indexing side.
TokenStreams are now reused (and hence cached) per thread... but that
normally wouldn't amount to much.

There was recently another bug where compound file format was being
used regardless of the config settings... but I think that was fixed
on the 29th.

Maybe you were already close to the limit required?
Also, your heap dump did show LRUCache taking up 170MB, and only
searches populate that (perhaps you have warming searches configured
on this server?)

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

> On Oct 1, 2009, at 5:14 PM, "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Newburn wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok I was able to get a heap dump from the GC Limit error.
>>>
>>> 1 instance of LRUCache is taking 170mb
>>> 1 instance of SchemaIndex is taking 56Mb