Nope, that just gets you the number of results returned, not how many
there could be.  Like I said, if you look at the XML returned, you'll
see something like
<result name='response' numFound='1251' start='0'>
but only 10 <doc> returned.  getNumFound returns 10 in that case, not 1251.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin