LucidityWorks.com is my client.  The similarity to lucid is purely coincidental
- the client didn't even know I was going to choose Solr.  I am using Solr
trunk, last updated and compiled a few weeks ago.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Paul Tomblin <ptomb...@xcski.com> wrote:

> > Nope. Check again. getNumFound will definitely give you 1251.

> > SolrDocumentList#size() will give you 10.

> I don't have to check again.  I put this log into my query code:

>            QueryResponse resp = solrChunkServer.query(query);

>            SolrDocumentList docs = resp.getResults();

>            LOG.debug("got " + docs.getNumFound() + " documents (or "

> + docs.size() + " if you prefer)");

> and I got exactly the same number in both places every single time.  I

> can verify from the URL line that the following query:

> http://test.xcski.com:8080/solrChunk/nutch/select/?q=test&fq=category:pharma&fq=concept:Discovery&rows=5

> has a <result name='response' numFound='95' start='0'> but when I do

> the same in SolrJ, docs.getNumFound() returns 5.

> 144652 [http-8080-14] DEBUG com.lucidityworks.solr.Solr  - got 5

> documents (or 5 if you prefer)

I can tell you for sure that this is not a bug in Solr 1.3 or trunk. I

checked the code and it is being set correctly. Moreover, I'm using both in

production.

The class com.lucidityworks.solr.Solr suggests that you are using Lucid's

solr build. Perhaps that has a bug? Can you try this with the Solrj client

in the official 1.3 release or even trunk?

--

Regards,

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.