: I read about this chapter before. It did not mention how to create my
: own customized function.
: Can you point me to some instructions?

The first step is to figure out how you can code your custom functionality
as an extension of the ValueSource class...

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/search/function/ValueSource.html

...which has to be able to generate DocValues implementation for an
IndexReader.  DocValues is where you would some numeric score for each
document based on whatever criteria you wanted (including arguments passed
in when your ValueSource is constructed, like field names and constants)

Then you need a simple ValueSourceParser class to be able to specify when
to use your ValueSource, and that's what you register in solrconfig.xml...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#ValueSourceParser

-Hoss