First, please do not cross-post messages to both solr-dev and solr-user.
Solr-dev is only for development related discussions.

Comments inline:

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Pravin Karne
<pravin_ka...@persistent.co.in>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to solr. I have following queries :
>

> 1.       Is solr work in distributed environment ? if yes, how to configure
> it?

Yes, Solr works in distributed environment. See
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch

> 2.       Is solr have Hadoop support? if yes, how to setup it with
> Hadoop/HDFS? (Note: I am familiar with Hadoop)

Not currently. There is some work going on at

> 3.       I have employee information(id, name ,address, cell no, personal
> info) of 1 TB ,To post(index)this data on solr server, shall I have to
> create xml file with this data and then post it to solr server? Or is there
> any other optimal way?  In future my data will grow upto 10 TB , then how
> can I index this data ?(because creating xml is more headache )

XML is just one way. You could use also CSV. If you use, the Solrj java
client with Solr 1.4 (soon to be released), it uses an efficient binary
format for posting data to Solr.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.