In this particular case, I don't think one is better than the other...

In general, MappingCharFilter is more flexible than specific
TokenFilters, such as ISOLatin1AccentFilter.
For example, if you want your own character mapping rules,
you can add them to mapping.txt. It should be easier than
modifing TokenFilters as you don't need programming.

Koji

Chantal Ackermann wrote:
Now, you got me wondering - wich one should I like better?
I didn't even know there is an alternative. :-)

Chantal

Koji Sekiguchi schrieb:
No, ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory is not deprecated.
You can use either MappingCharFilterFactory+mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt
or ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory whichever you'd like.

Koji

Jay Hill wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory
deprecated in favor of:
    <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>

in 1.4?

-Jay
http://www.lucidimagination.com