: I have a field. The field has a sentence. If the user types in a word
: or a phrase, how can I return the index of this word or the index of
: the first word of the phrase?
: I tried to use &bf=ord..., but it does not work as i expected.

for basic queries (term, phrase, etc...) position information is not
available for the patched doucments ... you can use highlighting to
re-compute where matches occured, but the accuracy of that information
depends a lot on what your field type, query, and highligher options look
like.  i don't believe we have any Highlighter options thta will just give
you back the position information -- but one could be added.

for *true* positional matching info, there are the "Span" family of
queries, which can actually return the exact information -- but there is
no native query parser support for Spam queries in Solr, so you would need
to customize your QParser to get that information.

-Hoss