From: Nicholas Clark <clark...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Boosting of words
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 2:13 PM

The easiest way to boost your query is to modify your query string.

q=product:red color:red^10

In the above example, I have boosted the color field. If "red" is found in
that field, it will get a boost of 10. If it is only found in the product
field, then there will be no boost.

Here's more information:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyCookbook#Boosting_Ranking_Terms

Once you're comfortable with that, I suggest that you look into using the
DisMax request handler. It will allow you to easily search across multiple
fields with custom boost values.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler

-Nick

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM, bhaskar chandrasekar <bas_s...@yahoo.co.in