On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Teruhiko Kurosaka <k...@basistech.com> wrote:
>> Are multiple CPUs utilized at indexing time as well, or just by searcher?
>
> Yes, multiple CPUs are utilized for indexing.
>
> If you're using SolrJ, and easy way to exploit this parallelism is to use
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/impl/StreamingUpdateSolrServer.html

is there a reason why StreamingUpdateSolrServer does not accept a
connection manager argument as CommonsHttpSolrServer does?
Its buffering feature seems kind of disjoint from the self-management
of a connection pool, and source-wise it seems to me that it relies on
the superclass' getHttpClient() but I'm probably missing something :).