Thanks for the quick response
@yonik

>How much of a latency compared to normal, and what version of Solr are
you using?

latency is usually around 2-4 secs (some times it goes more than that
)  which happens  to  only 15-20%  of the request  other  80-85% of
request are very fast it is in  milli secs ( around 200,000 requests
happens every day )

@Israel  we are not using java client ..  we  r using  python at the
client with response formatted in json

@yonikn @Israel   does qtime measure the total time taken at the solr
server ? I am already measuring the time to get the response  at
client  end . I would want  a means to know how much time the solr
server is taking to respond (process ) once it gets the request  . so
that I could identify whether it is a solr server issue or internal
network issue

@Israel  we are using rhel server  5 on both client and server .. we
have 6 solr sever . one is acting as master . both client and solr
sever are on the same network . those servers are dedicated solr
server except 2 severs which have DB and memcahce running .. we have
adjusted the load accordingly