On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Chantal Ackermann wrote:

Hi Grant,

I'd be glad to help update the wiki.
But just to make sure I'm understanding correctly:
for TermVectorComponent to work correctly, all these three attributes (termVectors, termPositions, termOffsets) must be set to "true"?

No, you only need termVectors=true to get back results. You need offsets and positions stored to get them back when requested.

No matter how extensive the termVector request will look like?

Because I tried this request also and it doesn't return the termVector part, neither: .../solr/epg/select?q=* %3A *&version=2.2&start=0&rows=0&indent=on&tv=true&tv.tf=true&tv.df=true

I notice in your request, you were asking for rows=0. TVC works off the rows returned by the search.

(I tried removing and adding the last two parameters, as well.)

Is there anything else I have to be aware of? How about
indexed
stored
multiValued
omitNorms

Is there a combination that does not work?

Once I get it to work, I'll update the wiki. But I don't want to publish my ignorance. ;-)

Thanks,
Chantal