On 08.11.2009 16:56 Michael Lackhoff wrote:

> What didn't work but looks like the potentially best solution is to fill
> the id in my data-config by using the link twice:
>   <field column="link"         xpath="/RDF/item/link" />
>   <field column="id"           xpath="/RDF/item/link" />
> This would be a definition just for this single data source but I don't
> get any docs (also no error message). No trace of any inserts whatsoever.
> Is it possible to fill the id that way?

Found the answer in the list archive: use TemplateTransformer:
  <field column="link"         xpath="/RDF/item/link" />
  <field column="id"           template="${slashdot.link}" />

Only minor and cosmetic problem: there are brackets around the id field
(like [http://somelink/]). For an id this doesn't really matter but I
would like to understand what is going on here. In the wiki I found only
this info:
> The rules for the template are same as the templates in 'query', 'url'
> etc
but I couldn't find any info about those either. Is this documented
somewhere?

-Michael