On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:
> please don't kill -9 ... it's grossly overkill, and doesn't give your
[ ... snip ... ]
> Alternately, you could take advantage of the "enabled" feature from your
> client (just have it test the enabled url ever N updates or so) and when
> it sees that you have disabled the port it can send one last commit and
> then stop sending updates until it sees the enabled URL work againg -- as
> soon as you see the updates stop, you can safely shutdown hte port.

Thanks, Hoss.  I'll use Catalina stop instead of kill -9.

It's good to know about the enabled feature -- my team was just
discussing whether something like that existed that we could use --
but as we'd also like to recover cleanly from power failures and other
Solr terminations, I think we'll track which docs are uncommitted
outside of Solr.

Michael