Nice to learn a new word for the day!

But to answer your question, or at least part of it, I don't really think
you want a configuration like

  <autoCommit>
      <maxDocs>1</maxDocs>
      <maxTime>10</maxTime>
  </autoCommit>

Committing every doc, and every 10 milliseconds? That's just asking for
problems. How about starting with 1000 docs, and five minutes for maxTime
(5*60*1000) or about 3 laks of milliseconds.

That should help performance a lot. Try that, and see how it works.

Tom