Following is luke response. <lst name="fields" /> is empty. can someone
assist to find out why file content isn't being index?

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
 <response>
 <lst name="responseHeader">
  <int name="status">0</int>
  <int name="QTime">0</int>
  </lst>
 <lst name="index">
  <int name="numDocs">0</int>
  <int name="maxDoc">0</int>
  <int name="numTerms">0</int>
  <long name="version">1259085661332</long>
  <bool name="optimized">false</bool>
  <bool name="current">true</bool>
  <bool name="hasDeletions">false</bool>
  <str
name="directory">org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory:org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory@/home/tomcat-solr/bin/docs/data/index</str>

  <date name="lastModified">2009-11-24T18:01:01Z</date>
  </lst>
  <lst name="fields" />
 <lst name="info">
 <lst name="key">
  <str name="I">Indexed</str>
  <str name="T">Tokenized</str>
  <str name="S">Stored</str>
  <str name="M">Multivalued</str>
  <str name="V">TermVector Stored</str>
  <str name="o">Store Offset With TermVector</str>
  <str name="p">Store Position With TermVector</str>
  <str name="O">Omit Norms</str>
  <str name="L">Lazy</str>
  <str name="B">Binary</str>
  <str name="C">Compressed</str>
  <str name="f">Sort Missing First</str>
  <str name="l">Sort Missing Last</str>
  </lst>
  <str name="NOTE">Document Frequency (df) is not updated when a document is
marked for deletion. df values include deleted documents.</str>
  </lst>
  </response>