I see that edismax already defines pf (bigrams) and pf3 (trigrams) -- how
would folks think about just calling them pf / pf1 (aliases for each
other?), pf2, and pf3? The pf would then behave exactly as it does in
dismax.

And it sounds like the solution to my single-token fields is to just move
them into the query itself.

Thanks!

--
Bill Dueber