Folks:

In my db I currently have fields that represent bitmasks.   Thus, for example,
a value of the mask of 48 might represent an "undergraduate" (value = 16) and
"graduate" (value = 32).   Currently,  the corresponding field in solr is a
multi-valued string field called "EdLevel" which will have
(for this example).   I do the conversion from the int into the list of values
as I do the indexing.

Ideally, I'd like solr to have bitwise operations so that I could store the int
value, and then simply search by using bit operations.  However, given that
this is not possible,  and that there have been recent threads speaking to
performance issues with multi-valued fields,  is there something better I could
do?

TIA,

- Bill