Hi Martijn,

I am not sending the collapse parameters for the second query. Here are the
queries I am using:

*When using field collapsing (searching over all categories):*
spellcheck=true&collapse.info.doc=true&facet=true&collapse.threshold=3&facet.mincount=1&spellcheck.q=weight+loss&collapse.facet=before&wt=xml&f.content.hl.snippets=2&hl=true&version=2.2&rows=20&collapse.field=ctype&fl=id,sid,title,image,ctype,score&start=0&q=weight+loss&collapse.info.count=false&facet.field=ctype&qt=contentsearch

categories is represented as the field "ctype" above.

*Without using field collapsing:*
spellcheck=true&facet=true&facet.mincount=1&spellcheck.q=weight+loss&wt=xml&hl=true&rows=10&version=2.2&fl=id,sid,title,image,ctype,score&start=0&q=weight+loss&facet.field=ctype&qt=contentsearch

I append "&fq=ctype:1" to the above queries when trying to get results for a
particular category.

--
Thanks
Varun Gupta